A creative herself (a freelance blogger, editor, and writer), recruiting coordinator Samantha Tollin intimately knows the world—and the language—of creative minds.
Whether she’s discussing fonts with designers or “the best coding music” with developers, she loves meeting new talent every day and helping them into their dream jobs.
Looking for a great gig in San Diego? Read Samantha’s answers to our 7 Quick Questions, then give her a call!
- How did you get into recruiting? Fun fact: I was a previous Aquent talent, and I had such a positive experience it actually motivated me to come full circle and join on the recruiting side.
- What’s your favorite interview question? “What's the biggest challenge or conflict you've faced at work and how did you deal with it?”
- How about the one question a candidate should always ask in a job interview? Try this one, and bonus if you beat them to asking you this question first! “What would be the most important thing for me to accomplish within the first 30, 60, and 90 days in this role?”
- What excites you most about your work and the contribution you make? The chance to help people find job opportunities that they are passionate about is super rewarding. I love being able to talk to talent from a variety of different backgrounds and skillsets and to help them become more marketable.
- What do you love about working with creative talent? I know it sounds obvious but if you’ve ever worked with creatives you’ll understand: They're CREATIVE!
- If you could have dinner with one person living or dead, who would it be and why? Paul McCartney, because... why not?! (I'm a HUGE Beatles fan.)
- Favorite GIF? I think this speaks for itself.
Find a great job match in San Diego by talking to Samantha!