Rudy’s yet another Vitamin who comes from the creative field (he’s been both a designer and production manager). He gets a huge thrill discussing developments in the digital world and a bigger kick out of placing creatives in jobs they love.
Motor up to Motor City and check out his answers to our 11 Quick Questions to find out what advice he has for creatives, how he stays up on the world of digital, and important stuff like his guilty song pleasure.
- Google or Bing? Google.
- Best digital event in your city? It is hard to choose just one because we have so many great small events here. A great all-encompassing event is the Detroit Design Festival. It’s worth traveling here for!
- Describe your city in 5 words. Hardworking. Creative. Unapologetic. Cinematic. Beautiful.
- Best advice to any manager conducting an interview? Dig deeper. Find out how the creative utilized their skills on their last project/role. What was their impact?
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Not clearly listing software/development skillset. It's crucial to have this information updated and accurate since it’s a jumping-in point for hiring managers.
- Native Apps or Responsive Design? Responsive Design.
- Favorite meme? I still love “Yes, this is dog.”
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? Smashing Magazine.
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? You've landed an opportunity, now is your chance to shine. Be punctual, attentive, and carry a positive attitude. Learn as much as humanly possible about the project/role assigned to you. Make sure to be upfront about your abilities and most of all, ask questions!
- Next big thing in digital? Google Glass has implications that, in my opinion, will have a massive impact on society, if widely adopted.
- Guilty song pleasure? "The Neverending Story Theme!” I love this more than I should!