Robert Tabios (Front End Development Specialist)
Robert describes Front End Developers as the “Mad scientists who bring creative concepts to life.” We’re on board with that! As our resident FED Specialist, he spends his days (and sometimes nights) on the lookout for the creative people who are driving the latest development trends.
Scope out his answers to our 11 Quick Questions to find out how he keeps up with the digital world and his tips for making a great LinkedIn profile!
- What’s the BEST thing you can do when you’re looking for a job? Network, network, network! Oh, and one more: Network!
- Tips for a making a great LinkedIn profile? List projects you've worked on and make sure to detail what you have done (skills used, pieces you were responsible for, etc). If you want people to reach out to you for specific projects/roles (i.e., to work on web applications or mobile projects), then be sure to present samples of that kind of work. As a creative, you should include links to your portfolio and live samples.
- Best ways to work with a recruiter to fill a role? Keep them up to date and always, always be honest!
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Making them too long. Be specific and to the point. If you’re working with a recruiter, they’ll thank you. If you’re sending to a company/agency, then you’ve got a better chance at being hired :)
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? Twitter. I like to follow the top curators in the creative space like Mashable, The Next Web, Smashing Magazine to make sure I'm up to date with all the amazing stuff happening in our industry.
- Best creative/digital event in your city? FITC. It stands for “Future. Innovation. Technology. Creativity” and they live up to it every time!
- Describe your city in 5 words. Creative, livable, diverse, hopeful, exciting.
- Favorite social network & why? Twitter is definitely my go to social network. I use it to keep track of everything from clients, friends, news, and everything new that's happening around the world. Quick and instantaneous, there's no faster way to get the info you need!
- Favorite meme or parody? Grumpy Cat memes... just classic.
- As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? I always wanted to be a ninja. As I got older, I began to realize this was not a viable career choice. But I was also really interested in the creative and gaming space, so my ideal job was either as an artist or video game tester.
- Guilty song pleasure? Anna Kendrick's Cups (Pitch Perfect's "When I'm Gone"). I've been secretly trying to do the cups thing (and currently failing at it...)
Looking for your next great gig to show off your coding chops? Or feel like discussing mobile web apps vs native apps?
Connect with Robert!