Renee considers herself privileged when clients tell her they feel like they're talking with a friend. Maybe it's her Southern roots? More than likely it's her 10+ years of experience as a creative matchmaker, coach, and counselor.
We consider ourselves incredibly privileged to work with her! And you will, too, after you see her answers to our 11 Quick Questions and see her advice for managers conducting interviews, the biggest mistake people make on resumes, and of course, her guilty song pleasure.
- Google or Bing? Google
- Best digital event in your city? SXSW!!!! Without a doubt!
- Describe your city in 5 words. Musical. Artistic. Active. Friendly. Fun. (It’s an amazing city!)
- Best advice to any manager conducting an interview? I highly recommend using behavioral questions that not only match your department, but the current team culture as a whole. Finding out how people react to situations gives you a wealth of insight on both their decision-making abilities and personality.
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Mistakes! You have an impartial person read through your resume with a keen attention to detail. Don't rely on the spell checker, you want it read with an objective voice. If I had to add something else: not including accomplishments in the top section!
- Native Apps or Responsive Design? Responsive Design.
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? There are so many, but honestly Mashable is my go to.
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Prepare, prepare, prepare. Know where you are going (be early), who you are working with, who the company is, and what their creative work looks like. Check out their LinkedIn profiles! You can be so much better prepared with just a little research.
- Who is your favorite super hero? Iron Man.
- Traits that clients ask for most? Conceptual, professional, adaptable, and team oriented.
- Guilty song pleasure? LOVE Ellie Goulding’s “Anything Could Happen!”
Looking for work in and around Austin?
Connect with Renee!