A recent transplant from the midwest, Rebecca’s background as an account exec and and social media marketer helps her “talk the talk” with our Los Angeles clients when they need digital creative talent.
Check out how she keeps up with the digital world, her best example of awesome UX, and (of course), her guilty song pleasure.
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? I love reading Wired, and I'm often surprised at how often I learn about new technology through Outside magazine - they frequently feature the latest in outdoor gadgets. For my own personal learning, though, I have recently become obsessed with General Assembly’s videos and online classes.
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Show up! Yes, in the literal sense, physically show up, on time (i.e., early), but also show up mentally. Be present and engaged in your tasks. That will definitely make a great first impression.
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Not including achievements in your career! Yes, people lists tasks, tasks, tasks, but we all do tasks. What makes a candidate stand out is seeing what they've achieved: their successes and victories. That translates into passion and drive to a hiring manager.
- Native Apps or Responsive Design? Responsive Design.
- Next big thing in digital? Have QR codes made it big yet?
- Best example of awesome UX? I'm app crazy, and my long-time favorite app has been Uber, the chauffeured black-car service. It's so easy to 'hail' a car, track its arrival (including the driver's picture and phone number!), pay via credit card, and then rate and thank the driver. I wish I had more excuses to use it!
- Describe your city in 5 words. A perpetual David Lynch film! (Love you, LA!)
- Who rocks your world on Twitter? @TMZ (to keep tabs on my famous friends & neighbs, natch) and Twitter co-founder’s @medium (I never know what I'll read next).
- Favorite type or font? Rockwell; it's the new Helvetica.
- Traits that clients ask for most? I get asked mostly for talent that are passionate, intuitive, and good listeners!
- Guilty song pleasure? The Spice Girls’ “2 Become 1.”
Looking for fantastic creatives in the Los Angeles area?
Connect with Rebecca!