Looking for an agent that really knows design? How about one with a BFA in Graphic Design and her Masters in Design Management? Meet Phyllis. She loves combining her background as a designer and agent to help fellow creatives reach their career goals.
Check out her answers to our 11 Quick Questions to see her advice for managers conducting interviews, advice to freelancers on their first day, and more!
- Best digital event in your city? NJ Tech Meetup.
- Describe your city (Parsippany) in 5 words. We have a water tower.
- Best advice to any manager conducting an interview? Don't just focus on the hard skills, make sure you also zone in on the soft skills in order to find the right match.
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? SPELING!!!! ;)
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? Mashable.
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Go in with an open mind and don't be afraid of showing your skills - that’s what you were hired to do!
- Next big thing in digital? Big Data! Analytical tools in social media and networking have the ability to personalize campaign communications that drive consumer action. Check out this from article from the McKinsey Global Institute to see why.
- Best example of awesome UX. Cessna.
- Who rocks your world on Twitter? Consumer web product designer, technical architect and graduate professor at Pratt, Monte Gibbe @montegibbs.
- Favorite type or font? Bobber.
- Guilty song pleasure? Peanut Butter Jelly Time (PBJT), Family Guy Remix.
Looking for work in the New Jersey area?
Connect with Phyllis!