Part of our incomparable Indianapolis team, business development manager Patricia Hinton goes to great heights to get her clients whatever they need.
And yes, right after she took this picture, she found a full stack developer.
Ready to scale new heights for your creative? Check out her answers to our 7 Quick Questions, then give her a call the next time you need a helping hand!
- What made you want to work at Vitamin T? And what do you love most about working here? When I interviewed here, the first thing that stuck out to me was the consultative sales approach they talked about. That has definitely proven to be true. What do I love? The flexibility Vitamin T offers is extremely important to me. I’m not stuck in an office 9-5 communicating through a keyboard or phone. I get the chance to be out in the field, meeting clients, meeting talent, and networking, which is a far better way to do this business.
- What do you love about working with creative talent? It's a blast getting to see the work they've completed and learning about their interests and methods of creation. I love working with creative people. There is truly never a dull day!
- What’s the BEST thing someone can do when looking for a job? I think the BEST thing anyone can do when looking for a new job is to stay true to their passion. Unfortunately, circumstances can force people to take opportunities out of necessity that don’t exactly thrill them. For that very reason it’s important to be proactive, be passionate, and stick to what's most important to you!
- Biggest myth about being a salesperson in the staffing industry? The biggest myth about salespeople in the staffing industry is that we are only after the dollar. In this line of business, it is uber important to make sure not only the client is satisfied, but the talent is going to be happy with opportunities we supply them. Another myth: not all salespeople are pushy. That one always bugs me!
- As a 5 year old, what did you want to be when you grew up? At 5 I wanted to be a ballerina, but I'm pretty sure it was just for the costumes! I remember vividly sending my Dad on a wild goose chase to find me the perfect ballet slippers. When we couldn't find any, I decided to be a surgeon, naturally.
- What most excites you about your work and the contribution you make? The most exciting part about the work I do is making great connections. Nothing feels better than having a client who is absolutely thrilled with the talent we've provided and the services we offer. MY job is to make THEIR job easier; to take one more thing off their plate.
- What’s one important skill every person should have and why? COMMUNICATION. Because, seriously, how do you succeed without communication? It’s also a skill you should always be working on improving!
Looking for amazing creative talent in Indianapolis? Connect with Patricia!