That’s why we’re so happy to have her on our mighty Indy team and we know you’ll be happy too, after you read her answers to our 11 Quick Questions. That is, of course, if knowing the best way to make a great LinkedIn profile or what to leave out on your resume floats your boat!
- What’s the BEST thing you can do when you’re looking for a job? Network, network, network! And not just on social media. The more people you know, the better chance you are of landing a great gig.
- Best tips for a making a great LinkedIn profile? Include things that are relevant to what you want to do and what your strongest skills are. SCUBA diving is great, but unless you want to be pro diver, it's not relevant.
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Same as above: I love hearing about people's hobbies and what makes them who they are, but not on their resumes. It may sound harsh, but those things shape the interviewer's impression of you before you even meet them.
- Best way for freelancers to market themselves on social media? Connecting with clients and industry experts is key. Beyond that, client testimonials are always share worthy!
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Being on time and prepared is always a great start. Asking lots of questions and being "present" is key. To (loosely) quote Teddy Roosevelt, “People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care. “
- In your experience, why does Temp to Perm work so well in the creative and digital space? I think temp to perm is great in any capacity because it allows a client and freelancer to get to know each other and figure out if it's the best fit for both.
- Who rocks your world on Twitter? @FastCompany.
- As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a singer. I would dance around the house like Michael Jackson, singing into my hairbrush.
- Best creative/digital event in your city? If you’ll excuse the shameful plug, The Indianapolis Digital Rendezvous! Coming your way later this month...
- Describe your city in 5 words. Diverse, beautiful, friendly, entertaining, endearing.
- Guilty song pleasure? “Black Velvet” by Alannah Myles. I like to belt this out while driving down the freeway. The more embarrassing to my passengers, the better!
Looking for great creative jobs in Indianapolis?
Connect with Natalie!