Our business development manager Mitchell Gilroy loves the space where art and commerce collide. Lucky for him, he gets to see it happen all the time, both in his office and at the Toronto companies he partners with.
His motto is, “Give me your challenges, I’ll turn them into opportunities!”
Ready to take him up on it? Read his answers to our 7 Quick Questions, then give him a call!
- What most excites you about your work and the contribution you make? I love supporting the creative community while making the lives of my clients easier. It's rare to be in a position where you can provide people with meaningful work and make a positive contribution to a business’s bottom line, but here I am!
- What’s one question a candidate should always ask in a job interview? "When you first saw my résumé/profile, what stood out to you?" This identifies what the employer sees as your most valuable trait, which will help you structure the answers for the rest of their questions. It also gives you feedback to prepare for your future interviews. Pretty smart, right?
- What’s one important skill every person should have? Presentation skills. Everyone has to present their work, accomplishments, and abilities throughout their life. So get good at telling your story!
- What is one word that you would use to describe your team? Spicy!
- What tech innovation has most impacted your life? Smartphones. Remember how you felt the last time your phone died? Or you lost it?! That anxious FOMO feeling shows you exactly the kind of impact it’s had on all of our lives.
- What do you love about working with creative talent? My background is in fashion design, so connecting with other visually creative people is always fulfilling.
- Favorite GIF? Love Poppy. Look her up on Instagram @thatpoppy and you'll fall in love with her too.
Need amazing creatives or marketers in Toronto? Get in touch with Mitchell!