Born and raised in the Windy City, Vitamin T agent Miles Good loves helping local creative talent with their careers, collecting vinyl, and his dog Chief. (We didn’t ask him in what order, but you get the point, right?)
So whether you’re a Chicago creative looking for an awesome opportunity or somebody with boatloads of albums sitting in your mom’s basement, get in touch with Miles! After, of course, reading his answers to our 7 Quick Questions.
- What most excites you about your work and the contribution you make? Nothing brings me more satisfaction than matching someone with the next step in their career. The job search can be intimidating and discouraging to many people. Being able to be a guide and a supporting hand energizes me every day.
- What’s one question a candidate should always ask in a job interview? “Is there anything in my background that specifically made you want to bring me in for an interview?”
- What do you love about working with creative talent? Looking at portfolios! It’s so great working with such amazing talent. I love looking over their work and hearing the insight on the creative process. One of my favorite things is when I see work that I recognize from magazines or TV.
- What’s one important skill every person should have? Be vocal. While it’s important to be flexible and adaptable to changes that come your way, it’s equally important to never lose your voice when you feel passionate about something. You may have the next great idea or change that your employer is looking for, so speak up!
- If you could have dinner with one person living or dead, who would it be and why? David Bowie! The albums "Let's Dance" and "Young Americans" completely shaped how I view music. He was so far ahead of his time, a revolutionary in the music world. I would have so many questions about what influenced him and his creative process.
- What tech innovation has most impacted your life? Streaming music. If you can believe it, in high school I used to carry a 100 CD binder in my backpack just so I could access all of my music all the time! Being able to have any song accessible from my cellphone or computer completely changed the game for me.
- Favorite GIF?
Looking for creative job opportunities in Chicago? Reach out to Miles!