Vitamin T agent Melanie Scheer is crazy passionate about delivering phenomenal customer service to clients and talent. It must be from all her years in retail management and staffing. Wherever it’s from, we hope it never goes away!
Born and raised in the Windy City, she’s the PERFECT person to meet if you’re a Chicago creative looking for amazing gigs.
Read her answers to our 7 Quick Questions then give her a call!
- What most excites you about your work and the contribution you make? Getting people the work they love doing! I am such a geek whenever we place a talent at a company. Telling them that the client has booked them or wants to convert them to a permanent staff member is literally the best part of my day.
- One word you would use to describe your team? #teamswin! I realize this isn't “one” word exactly, but it was our mantra for last year. It still continues to describe how we work as a group: collaboratively and incredibly motivated to succeed together. I’ve never been on a team with more drive and passion, nor one that loves working with each other this much. It is just the best.
- An important skill every person should have? Self-awareness. Being aware of how you are perceived and how you come across to others will make a huge difference to your success.
- One question a candidate should always ask in a job interview? "What do you love about your job?" You’ll be able to tell a lot from your interviewer’s expression while they talk about their job. Then you’ll have a good idea if it’s somewhere you’d like to work.
- What do you love about working with creative talent? Their ability to come up with clever and unique ideas makes me jealous in the best possible way. And I always learn something new from each one!
- How did you get into recruiting? I had an extensive background in retail management and knew I was ready for a change. I thought a lot about what I loved about my job and it all led to people. I haven’t looked back!
- Favorite GIF? This one! ‘Cuz it's Jimmy Fallon and Elmo. Can't help but smile when you see these two.
Looking for great creative gigs in Chicago? Call Melanie!