Mark is always on the lookout for great creative talent, no matter where he is. It’s why our Detroit clients can always count on getting the right person for their job FAST!
If you’re ready for some great insight on what to put in your portfolio to wow hiring managers or how to market yourself on social media, check out his answers to our 11 Quick Questions!
- Best way for freelancers to market themselves on social media? Stay active. Show the world what you're doing, how you're staying in the loop, and how you plan to get better.
- Tips for making a compelling portfolio? Less is more. Display enough of your best work to make the hiring manager crave more, and then wow them with more in your interview.
- Favorite meme or parody? Anything with Patrick Stewart as Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
- What’s the BEST thing you can do when you’re looking for a job? The best thing that you can do when looking for a job is to set yourself up for success. This is done through preparation, research, and going into it with a positive mindset.
- Best creative/digital event in your city? Digital Rendezvous Detroit!
- Favorite social network & why? Twitter. Because you NEVER know what—or who—might show up on your feed.
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? TMI. Either there is too much content or they include personal information that a prospective hiring manager doesn't need to know / see.
- Best tips for a making a great LinkedIn profile? Treat it like a living resume and don't forget to update with recent recommendations of your work. Remember to ask clients and the like for a recommendation BEFORE your project is up.
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? Twitter and DesignTaxi.
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Keep an open mind, don't be afraid to ask questions or receive constructive feedback.
- Guilty song pleasure? Todd Rundgren’s “Bang the Drum All Day!”
Looking for great jobs in and around Detroit?
Connect with Mark!