When New York agencies and creative companies are looking to land the perfect creative for their team, they give, Creative Agent, Marc a call.
When they need fresh fish... well... not so much.
With 11+ years of recruiting experience, Marc’s answers to our 7 Quick Questions are sure to leave you reeling! (Sorry.) Read on, then contact him if you need an incredible talent or your next big gig!
- What made you want to work at Vitamin T? It was an easy decision for me to work here: I get to meet the top creative talent in the greatest city in the world... plus I get to wear jeans to work everyday! What I love most about Vitamin T are the amazing agents on our NYC team. They're some of the smartest, most capable, and focused people I've ever had the pleasure of working with. And I can’t forget our sales team, they’re amazing, too!
- What’s the BEST thing someone can do when looking for a job? It's incredibly important to be realistic. Do a bit of self reflection by considering these two sets of expectations for your next job: one, what do you want from your next big career move? Two, what are you capable and willing to do to generate income along the way? This is the kind of stuff I love helping people with.
- Best creative/digital event in your city? Why? The NYC IxDA (Interaction Design Association) group organizes monthly presentations and workshops for anyone interested in interaction design. They feature guest speakers who’ve been incredibly inspirational to our whole team and have had a positive effect on the work we accomplish every day. Talk about walking the walk, during the networking portion of each event, they have anyone in a hiring capacity put a red dot on their name tag. So simple, but SO effective! You should definitely plan to be here next February for interaction 17.
- Biggest myth about the staffing industry? I’d have to say the biggest client myth is that we only want to place one person with you, then you'll never hear from us again. That's simply just not true. I want to place everyone who’d be a perfect fit at your company. Only then will you never hear from me again. But only if that’s what you want!
- What’s your favorite interview question? When going over a talent’s portfolio I like to ask, "What was the problem you were trying to solve here?" This is my go-to question because great design and problem solving go hand in hand. It really helps you get into the mind of a creative person.
- What’s one important skill every person should have and why? Empathy. In my experience, the most successful business leaders are very often also the most emphatic people in the office.
- How do you want to be remembered? Remembered!? I'm still here!
Looking for great gigs in and around NYC? Connect with Marc!