World traveler, digital aficionado,and hunter-gatherer, Lizzy roams the wilds of the Toronto metro area seeking great new opportunities for Vitamin T talent and the companies who will love them.
Check out her answers to our 11 Quick Questions to find out what advice she has for creatives, how she stays up on the world of digital, and important stuff like her guilty song pleasure.
- Google or Bing? Google.
- Best digital event in your city? Take the hottest emerging bands along with the latest digital interactive technologies and — BAM! — you've got NXNE Interactive! It's hosted by some of the world’s smartest business visionaries, innovative artists, bright minds, and amazing creative leaders. Simply put, it ROCKS!
- Best example of awesome UX. When music, art, and innovation intersect to output brilliant UI/UX Design. Amon Tobin ‘ISAM’ Live is an amazing example of this. Get ready to be blown away!
- Best advice to any manager conducting an interview? Consider conducting interviews offsite, away from the office, maybe even in a public place. That way you can observe the candidate's level of focus, active listening skills, and style of communication amidst all the distractions.
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Sometimes people 'overshoot' with their resume. They submit resumes (or CVs) that are too lengthy, have too much info, and contain way too many bells and whistles. I suggest people keep it simple and streamlined with a current link to their creative portfolio.
- Native Apps or Responsive Design? Responsive Design.
- Favorite meme? I'm a huge Game of Thrones devotee. Thronesmeme has some really clever-funny memes for GOT fans.
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? Hands down TED (Technology, Entertainment and Design). I've absorbed lots from TED Talks and I always look forward checking out what ideas they'll be sharing next.
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? A little R&D can't hurt. Take a bit of time to learn about the agency or business you're about to work for and you'll feel a heck of a lot more knowledgeable and confident walking in on your first day.
- Next big thing in digital? FILM. We are going to see some ginormous digital advancements with the moving image over the next few years. Motion Graphics and AR (Augmented Reality) will continue to grow in demand as well. I’d put all my all my rubles, pesos, and gold on it!
- Guilty song pleasure? Yup, got one... “Don't Tell Me” by Madonna
Looking for fantastic creatives in the Toronto area?
Connect with Lizzy!