Lizzy transferred from our Toronto to our Detroit office back in 2013, and since then it’s been her ambition to partner with the city’s leaders, teams, and change-makers to help reinvent Detroit one company at a time.
What can we say? She’s an overachiever.
Read more about this Can-Do Vitamin in her answers to our 7 Quick Questions!
- What made you want to work at Vitamin T? And what do you love most about working here? The people, the people and the people. Oh... and did I happen to mention the people? Ha! No but really, the people who work at Vitamin T/Aquent across the country and the globe are fabulous. I’ve never worked for a company where there is so much ongoing support. From managers and peers to our learning services support staff, we all share ideas, strategies and suggestions to help each other grow and uncover our strengths. We laugh, we share, we cry, we dance, we eat lots of cookies and we succeed! True story :)
- What’s the BEST thing someone can do when looking for a job? Open yourself up to your greater network and identify those additional resources there for you to make use of. All too often job seekers go about it alone and are unaware of the local resources available to them when searching for work. Start a dialogue about the type of work you want to do, so people can identify potential opportunities for you.
- What’s your favorite interview question? “What’s your superpower or your spirit animal?” I wish I could take credit for this one but it belongs to Ryan Holmes, founder and CEO of HootSuite :) It’s the kind of question that encourages talent to think outside the box, to tap into what they think makes them unique - the secret weapon the agency or company absolutely must have. It’s also a great way to see how quick talent can think on their feet and how imaginative they can be.
- Biggest myth about being a recruiter/salesperson in the staffing industry? "Oh... so you’re a headhunter?" This comes up often and although we proactively search for great talent every day, I’m proud to let people know that our amazing Vitamin T talent pool has grown largely due to the ongoing talent and client referrals we’ve gained over the years. People just love referring talent and clients to us! Pretty sweet eh? (Phew! still haven’t lost my “Canadian,” eh?)
- Best creative/digital event in your city? DLECTRICITY for sure! It was modeled after Nuit Blanche festivals which are known for bringing the best of light and technology-based arts to major cities like Paris, Rome, Toronto, New York, and now Detroit. The event partnered up with the Detroit Design Festival this past year, so it was an unforgettable 5 days of sensational design and installation work by artists from around the world. It was all so amazing.
- Who is your creative or digital hero? Hands down, John Dunivant, local visual artist and lead Creative Director of Theatre Bizarre; a globally recognized annual event showcasing visual art, set & lighting design, dance, theatre, and music.
John is just so incredibly detailed-oriented in all facets of his work and he’s an exceptional example of the endless hours and dedication it takes to achieve greatness in anything you do. He’s just the real deal.
- What’s the name of the last book you read? Detroit: An American Autopsy. I’ve always been drawn to the history of Detroit and interested in how the city has changed over the decades. This book provided some good detail on the history of Detroit and its decline over the years, but it failed to include the incredible revitalization that’s been happening in the city now and even during the decline. Detroit has been been booming; really thriving with new agencies and tech start-ups. It’s quickly becoming that new landing pad for creative thinkers and change-makers who are relocating from major cities like New York, San Fran and LA to be a part of the exciting resurgence happening in the D!
Looking for amazing creatives in and around Detroit?
Connect with Lizzy!