As someone who has always loved to play matchmaker, Liz is thrilled to be able to help connect the best creative talent in Portland with the design-minded companies who adore them. Which is why we adore her so! (Not to mention the amazing Interview Tips video she made for us...)
You will too after you check out her answers to our 11 Quick Questions and find out what advice she has for creatives, how she stays up on the world of digital, and important stuff like her guilty song pleasure.
- Google or Bing? Google.
- Best digital event in your city? CreativeMornings.
- Describe your city in 5 words. “Keep Portland Weird w/a Beard.”
- Best advice to any manager conducting an interview? Ask both traditional and nontraditional questions. You can find out a ton about a candidate by asking them what they like to do outside of work, what makes them get out of bed everyday, and if they had their dream job what would it be.
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Poor formatting. Keep it clean and simple with consistent formatting. Resumes are not the place to publish your autobiography.
- Native Apps or Responsive Design? Responsive Design.
- Favorite meme? Smokin’ Jay Cutler. Hilarious.
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? Fast Company and Mashable.
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Show up on time (5 min early), come prepared to work a full day, ask clarifying questions so you know exactly what is expected.
- Next big thing in digital? Digital commerce. The Portland-based startup Chirpify is genius!
- Guilty song pleasure? It may or may not be Salt-N-Peppa’s “Shoop.”