When Lauren says she needs to make sure everything’s running smoothly, she often takes matters into her own hands (see above).
That’s why clients and talent in Los Angeles know they can always rely on her to make some really amazing creative matches.
Ready to be more effective in your hiring and job searches? Then check out her answers to our 11 Quick Questions!
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Though it may seem ridiculous to say, we do still see a lot of typos and photos. Either of those may have your resume ending up in a hiring manager’s trashbin.
- What’s the BEST thing you can do when you’re looking for a job? There’s so many things you absolutely need to do, and aside from saying that you should treat looking for a job as your job, networking should be your main priority.
- As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? I so wanted to be an American Gladiator.
- Best tips for a making a great LinkedIn profile? If you’re a creative, be sure to attach samples of your work. Otherwise people might not ever make it to your portfolio.
- Favorite online quiz? (And your answer.) The My Little Pony personality quiz. I’m Applejack!
- Tips for making a compelling portfolio? Add a short description for each project: what skills/tools you used to create it and, of course, its business impact.
- Best creative/digital event in your city? There’s plenty, but E3 wins for me.
- Describe your city in 5 words. Let’s go with: Sun. Surf. Sand. Silicon. Smog.
- Number one mistake people make when hiring a creative? It’d say it’s probably picking someone based solely on their aesthetic skills, without considering their technical skills as well.
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Be sure to listen carefully to what your client wants; if you just give them what you think they need, then the relationship isn’t going to work out.
- Guilty song pleasure? Who can resist Enrique Iglesias’ “Escape.”
Looking for great jobs in and around Los Angeles?
Connect with Lauren!