When Kyle’s not out searching Chicago for the best food in the city (whether that’s a red hot, deep dish pizza, or Italian beef sandwich), this VT business development manager is on the lookout for just the right mixture of creative talent for his clients.
Want to make your own creative combo? First check out Kyle’s answers to our 7 Quick Questions, then give him a call!
- What’s the BEST thing someone can do when looking for a job? Be both vigilant and flexible! I know, I know, EVERYONE says that. But, it really is true. (It goes without saying that you should have a digital portfolio.) When it comes to VIGILANCE, here’s a few things to do:
- When applying for jobs, remember that your recruiter or personal network might have connections with the company you're gunning after. We/they might be able to get you right in front of the hiring manager, so you won’t get lost in the job portal!
- Always follow up with a simple, yet engaging email! If you're applying to a recruiter or through one of your personal connections, let us/them know why you're interested AND qualified for the role.
- Reach out to your references and get some personal statements to show how amazing you are to work with! Recommendations on LinkedIn or in an email can really help your application stand out.
- Biggest myth about being a recruiter in the staffing industry? That we're all about money and numbers. I can't tell you how far off-base this is! I do this because I love helping clients find that perfect talent and getting people jobs. Vitamin T prides itself (and proves itself) through treating all talent and clients as FAMILY! The Disney character Stitch said it best in Lilo & Stitch, "Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten." A little cheesy, sure, but relevant to working with Vitamin T!
- What made you want to work at Vitamin T? And what do you love most about working here? Our culture! If you read through previous Vitamin of the Week blog posts, you'll see this theme repeated. We're a group of people that values learning and development. I come from the creative industry and wanted to be with a group of people who would push and encourage me to take on new challenges. Being part of this culture of learning has exposed me to even more of the creative industry than I ever could have imagined!
- What do you love about working with creative talent? I. Love. Portfolios. The fact that creative talent are able to show what they can do and WHO they are via an online portal is amazing! You can really tell their passion and excitement about their work through their presentation of their work. Whether it be digital or a reel or a presentation of some sort, I can sit and learn about someone with just a few clicks. Passion is everything in the creative industry.
- What tech innovation has most impacted your life? How has it impacted it? My iPhone. Please never take it away from me. Please. Access to email, Twitter, LinkedIn, and endless BuzzFeed ads. I can't live without it!
- If you could invent an app, what would it be and why? Living in Chicago, there's one MAJOR issue here, particularly around the holidays. When you're out shopping and have bought too much or purchased something large, you have to carry everything all around the city! I’d invent an app that would basically be Uber for your shopping. They’d put your stuff in a box and drive it to your home, while you’re off to buy more! If you're a developer/designer, LET'S TALK and get this AMAZING idea off the ground.
- Name 3 things you think will become obsolete in ten years. EMAIL! Charging cords. Ok. ALL cords. And DVDs!
Looking for amazing creative talent in Chicago? Connect with Kyle!