We asked her to do a social take on our 11 Quick Questions so you can find out how she keeps up to date in the digital world, who rocks her world on Twitter, and how to use social media to help conduct an interview.
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? I love Mashable, but I also find Wired to be an incredibly valuable resource.
- Best digital event in your city? Design Week PDX! It’s next week, and I'm excited to be a part of it through Vitamin T!
- Best advice to any manager conducting an interview? One of my favorite questions to ask is, "Where do you get your news?" Doing so gives you a sense of what they are reading, how they’re reading it (digital, print or social platforms), and what interests them. It also lets you find out if they’re up with the current industry trends and where to find them on social media (or not).
- Describe your city in 5 words. Creative, rainy, crafty, breathtaking, and delicious. (I'm a foodie at heart!)
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Speling (Ha, spelling!). Sometimes your own eyes won't catch simple spelling errors. Trust me, asking for a second set to look it over will help you catch it. Avoiding typos shows your incredible attention to detail!
- Native Apps or Responsive Design? Responsive Design.
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Have a positive attitude! Be excited, energized and ready to learn.
- Who is your favorite superhero? My Mom!
- Who rocks your world on Twitter? Social media expert and my former professor Kelli Matthews and of course Jimmy Fallon for a good laugh.
- Favorite type or font? Didot. It’s been in fashion for nearly 200 years!
- Guilty song pleasure? Gotta be “Treasure” by Bruno Mars.
Interested in following Kristi?
Check her out @muellerkristi or at any of our social media outlets above!