Kitty is just crazy about the abundant talent and awesome companies who make her beloved Detroit tick. In fact, she’s so energetic and enthusiastic, we’re thinking she might be able to revitalize the city single-handedly!
Take a spin around Digital Detroit with her as she answers our 11 Quick Questions. Along the way you’ll find advice for freelancers on making their first day great, advice for managers on conducting interviews, and Kitty’s guilty pleasure song.
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Be nice, polite, and work hard. Stand out in a good way. Show what you're capable of. Go above and beyond!
- Who is your favorite superhero? Obviously Catwoman!
- Traits that clients ask for most? Fits in well with the team. Good presentation skills. Versatile. Works well under pressure. Is a purple squirrel :)
- Best advice to any manager conducting an interview? Evaluate someone's personality and their ability to fit in well with the team and environment. Skills can be learned, but many inherent traits cannot.
- Best digital event in your city? Hands down, UX Thursday, which is happily hosted by Vitamin T! This year we had over 175 attendees from all over the state meet in Detroit to hear the top UX gurus in our area. Of course, I also have to give a shout out to our awesome Digital Rendezvous Detroit events, too! It's a great meetup where you can hang with your digital peers for food, drink, and presentations by top digital strategists!
- Who rocks your world on Twitter? I really admire Twitter founder Jack Dorsey (@jack).
- Describe your city in 5 words. Passionate. Thriving. Entrepreneurial. Underdog. Resurgent!
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Having too much fluff and not enough detail about what they actually do. The second biggest mistake is stretching the truth about what they can actually do!
- Best example of awesome UX? Nothing could be simpler than Google!
- Favorite type or font? You can't go wrong with Helvetica.
- Guilty song pleasure? Whitesnake’s “Here I Go Again”.
Looking for fantastic creatives in Detroit?
Connect with Kitty!