Former account executive and current director of business development for Vitamin T, Kimberly Kerr is serious about speed when it comes to getting her clients the talent they need.
Case in point, she said this Lamborghini was a little to slow to do her job.
Feel the need for speed? Check out Kimberly’s answers to our 7 Quick Questions, then give her a call for some awesome talent!
- What made you want to work at Vitamin T and what do you love most about working here? I came to work for Vitamin T because I really like the company's history, the people, their reputation, and the fact that they were growing fast and there’s a ton of room for even more growth! I really enjoy the people inside and outside. I’d have to say it’s the connection with my customers, once I develop a good relationship, that's the most rewarding.
- Biggest myth about being a salesperson? I don't know if I've ever heard any myths, but I've been in sales since 1995 and everyone I know who isn't a salesperson tells me, "Wow, I couldn't do that." To me life is selling. I believe that you're always selling something, whether it’s an idea, an opinion, or yourself. But the real secret to sales is about connecting with people.
- What do you love about working with creative talent? I was an art minor in college, so anything creative is interesting to me. I've even considered taking some graphic arts and digital art courses, because I think creativity is a fantastic tool and would love to learn how to do it. I've spent my life going to museums, art shows, etc., so it’s really fun to be part of that world, even if it’s on the sidelines.
- What app do you use regularly that provides great user experience? I have so many, but the two I find most useful would have to be The Weather Channel (I am a weather NUT) and Shopper. Shopper allows you to make shopping lists of any kind (grocery, housewares) and gives you a place to store business addresses, coupons, recipes, and more. For groceries, it’s already preloaded with common items and lets you add in price, tax, etc. This is so revolutionary because when you're on a budget, you can know how much you're going to spend before you go. It was great when I was a stay-at-home mom living on a single income. It also keeps my grocery or whatever lists on my phone, so I never have to worry about forgetting a list at home. THAT is a great app.
- Best creative/digital event in your city? Just one? We have Digital Summit, An Event Apart, and so many others that you could literally attend an event or workshop every week of the year! It’s one of the many reasons why I love Atlanta so much.
- What’s your favorite interview question? “How do you like to be managed?” I think it presents a real opportunity to start a business relationship off on the right foot. It gives the candidate a chance to tell the manager how to best to work with them, what their motivations are, and what it takes to make them a successful staff member.
- As a 5 year old, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to fly fighter jets for the Navy! Seriously. From a very early age until I was about 18. Then I learned that you have to have perfect vision and I do not. LOL!