As a member of the contagiously high energy Vitamin T team in our DC office, Kimberly has over 10 years of experience in the staffing and web development fields. The only thing she loves more than learning about the digital world is making her clients grow!
Check out her answers to our 11 Quick Questions to find advice for conducting interviews and traits that clients ask for most.
- Best digital event in your city? An Event Apart. (Which JUST happened!)
- Best advice to any manager conducting an interview? Keep your entire team in mind when considering a new staff member.
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Keeping it relevant. For example, listing hobbies—those will not be used in considering you for a position, unless they tie directly into the job you’re applying for!
- Native Apps or Responsive Design? Native Apps.
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? Mashable.
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Just have fun and don't be afraid to let those creative juices flow; that's why they chose you!
- Next big thing in digital? Google Glasses.
- Best example of awesome UX? Foursquare. It’s now very easy to use, as well as fast and simple. It does what I want it do with minimal typing.
- Favorite type or font? Century Gothic.
- Traits that clients ask for most? Professionalism with a sense of urgency. A friendly can-do attitude. Ability to anticipate needs. (Everyone likes saving time and money!)
- Guilty song pleasure? I always have and always will love all things Prince! 80's Prince of course. (Sorry Prince fans, the artist doesn’t allow his videos to be shared but if you haven’t seen this documentary, Kimberly recommends it!)
Looking for fantastic creatives in the DC area?
Connect with Kimberly!