Katie really knows how to motivate a team (see above).
Which is why our team in Portland loves working with her as a Director of Business Development.
Whether a client needs a top UX designer for wireframes or a front end developer to round out a stellar web team, they know who to call.
Ready to get fired up? Check out Katie’s answers to our 7 Quick Questions!
- What made you want to work at Vitamin T and what do you love most about working here? I wanted to work here because I love helping people! I get so much joy helping piece things together and there is truly nothing is more rewarding than finding a perfect match with a client and a talent. What do I love most? In the PDX office, I love our culture. Each person here is different, which makes it so much fun to come to work every day!
- Biggest myth about being a salesperson? That all salespeople think about is making a sale. We wouldn't be in sales if we didn't care about the client and their needs. As Zig Ziglar has so eloquently said, "Stop selling, start helping." I live by that quote!
- What’s the BEST thing someone can do when looking for a job? The best thing for a person to do is to know what they are passionate about. It’s simple to say, but difficult to do. I’m a firm believer that success is driven from someone who cares about what they do.
- What do you love about working with creative talent? I love seeing the different types of personalities. Each talent has his or her own flare and it's exciting to place them in roles where their personality and skills match with the client’s needs!
- Who is your creative or digital hero? Walt Disney. He changed the face of animation and has a huge influence on children’s imaginations. It’s been so exciting to see through the years how Disney characters have changed and what children relate to.
- What’s your favorite interview question? “What type of culture do you thrive in?” It’s a question that allows people's personality to come out. You find out a lot about who they are and if they know how to be successful with others.
- If you had to pick two celebrities to be your parents, who would they be? My mom and Bob Marley. My mom is a celebrity in my eyes! She is the strongest woman I know and I wouldn't have wanted anybody else be the person I look up to. She is truly a blessing. Bob Marley may seem an odd choice but I love his viewpoints in life. He preaches about love, acceptance, and that to be rich isn't about being wealthy. He said, "Possessions make you rich? I don't have that kind of richness. My richness is life, forever." True, right?