Looking for creative gigs in Portland? You’ve got to meet star agent Katie Acker.
She’s got what it takes to get you—and your work—in front PDX’s top creative people.
Check out her answers to our 7 Quick Question, then let her know you're on the market!
- Best creative/digital event in your city? Design Week Portland! It's an amazing week full of HUNDREDS of open houses, workshops, and events, including two full days of great content at their main stage. It's perfect for networking and getting facetime with that agency that you've always wanted to connect with. Well worth making the trip to Portland if you don’t live here!
- What’s your favorite interview question? I love asking, "In the last year, what work are you most proud of?" It's a moment for the candidate to puff their chest and brag about something they've accomplished. It really gives you insight into their thought process and values. Certainly not a standard question they’ll get in every interview.
- What do you love about working with creative talent? How crazy talented they are! I had come from a financial recruiting background and my mind was blown when I interviewed my first retoucher! Such a great experience. It's so inspiring to be surrounded by people whose creativity is limitless.
- What tech innovation has most impacted your life? Hands down it’s got to be Google Maps! I have the worst sense of direction and it’s helped me out so much both in my personal and professional life.
- If you could invent an app, what would it be and why? I have serious clothes/shoes envy, so I would love an app where I could discreetly snap a photo of what I'm lusting after, then it would tell me where to buy it. Think of it as Shazam for clothes!
- As a 5 year old, what did you want to be when you grew up? My memory of it is a bit foggy, but my family loves to tell the story of how I said I wanted to grow up to be "Nothing like my mama!" Though it’s hilarious, I doubt it’s true: my mother taught me how to cook, sew, be a good person, and is AMAZING!
- Favorite GIF? Cat owners will appreciate this, because it's our lives.