Jody’s customer service skills are legendary! For 16+ years, she’s used them (along with all her expertise in digital media, account management, recruitment, and online advertising) to help clients achieve some pretty amazing goals.
If you’re a NYC agency or company looking for an account executive who goes WAY beyond “above and beyond,” you need to talk to Jody!
And if you’d like a little background first? Just her answers to our 7 Quick Questions!
- What’s one important skill every person should have and why? Listening. There’s a saying, “We are given two ears but only one mouth, because listening is twice as hard as talking." To truly listen means to pay attention to the speaker without inserting your own agenda. It also means validating and acknowledging whatever that person has to say. It’s difficult, but I promise that if you practice being a good listener, you will improve both your professional and your personal relationships.
- The biggest myth about being a salesperson in the staffing industry? That we are anything like your typical salespeople. We help people: talent to find their dream jobs and companies to find the talent they need to meet and exceed their business goals. I’d say that’s anything but typical!
- The BEST thing someone can do when looking for a job? Look out for #1! Be true to yourself and put your best foot forward. When interviewing, you should interview them as much as they interview you. Knowledge is power! Also look to bring your passion and energy into the interview. Your resume shows your prior experience, which are your hard skills, but during the interview you will have the opportunity to show your soft skills: personality, communication, problem solving, etc. These can be as important if not more important in landing the job you want!
- What do you love about working with creative talent? Creative people tend to be incredibly passionate about their work, which is something I find truly inspiring! I love how they always bring a different perspective to the table. Honestly, I am so blown away by how engaging they are as individuals and the power their work has in my daily life.
- What made you want to work at Vitamin T? It was a the perfect marriage of my passion for advertising and my passion for recruitment. I graduated from Penn State with an advertising degree and spent 16 years working with NYC’s and New England’s top agencies and career-related sites including Yahoo!, Monster, Careerbuilder, and the Ladders. What I love most about working at Vitamin T is the people! I have never worked for a company where accomplishments are so highly recognized or had such an incredible team to support my growth. To me it is important to be surrounded by enthusiastic people I enjoy being around!
- What most excites you about your work and the contribution you make? At the end of the day, it’s knowing that you’ve helped people make their lives better. Whether that’s helping a company find talent for a difficult role or landing someone their ideal position. Making that perfect marriage is truly is satisfying.
- As a 5 year old, what did you want to be when you grew up? A professional gymnast!
Get great creatives in NYC by connecting with Jody!