Jessyca’s greatest passion in life is helping others. Which is exactly why we’re so happy she’s here at Vitamin T, helping SoCal creatives realize their dream careers.
Read on and catch her enthusiasm as she answers our 7 Quick Questions!
- What made you want to work at Vitamin T? And what do you love most about working here? What attracted me most was the quirky and creative marketing and—most importantly―the amazing people! I love that I work at a company that continually innovates and really values making mistakes (because that’s where the most important innovations come from). It’s fantastic to be with a team that is constantly learning, evolving and not afraid of taking risks!
- In your job, what’s been your favorite moment or biggest joy? My heart skips a beat any time a talent expresses how much of a difference we made in their life. Whether it’s helping with their resume or landing them their dream job, the role we get to play is extremely rewarding.
- What app do you use regularly that provides great user experience? Popsugar Active. I recently moved to San Diego from Orange County and I no longer have a fitness trainer. After trying a few different fitness apps, this one was a standout. Super sleek design, this app focuses on essential core workouts that leave me feeling like I accomplished something. It also makes exercise easy to incorporate into a busy schedule.
- Biggest myth about being a recruiter/salesperson/staffing industry? I was once at an event and before I could introduce myself to someone, he looked at the job title on my name tag and then screamed "Piranha!" in my face and walked away. Wow. There are people out in the world who may have had a bad experience with recruiters, but not every recruiter is the same. One thing I appreciate about Aquent/Vitamin T is that we are a staffing agency that not only cares about the needs of our clients, but the talent we represent as well. It’s what sets us apart from a lot of other companies and it’s amazing to have the opportunity to really make a difference in the workplace and in the lives of others.
- Best creative/digital event in your city? An Event Apart San Diego.You have the best of both worlds. Gorgeous San Diego and one of the best conferences for web design and development.
- What’s your favorite brand and why? Drybar - Why? Honestly, this idea is genius, but they seal the deal when it comes to the way they market their brand. They’ve perfected everything, down to every step of their process at Drybar.Lastly, let’s face it, it’s impossible to recreate that just-walked-out-of-the-salon look at home.
- As a 5 year old, what did you want to be when you grew up? Not many people know this but I was a child actress and I wanted to do that when I grew up. Kind of embarrassing but one of the many things I did still lives on the Internet. Check me out with Mary-Kate and Ashley!
If you’re looking to combine your passions into a career, connect with Jessyca!