Having worked for ad agencies for over twelve years, Jessica knows firsthand how critical it is to have the perfect talent at just the right time.
That’s why she’s made it her business to understand her clients’ creative wants and needs, so they can continue swinging for the fences without getting lost in the weeds.
Mixed metaphors aside, check out this Second City business development manager’s answers to our 7 Quick Questions, then ring her up so you can line up someone amazing for your team!
- What do you love about working with creative talent? I love how creative talent embrace change! I don’t think there’s any other industry where people are more open to honing and improving their skills. Designers learn development skills, developers learn SEO and analytics, project managers learn UX, print creatives learn digital....Good talent are always seeking their next challenge and that’s exciting to be a part of.
- What’s one important skill every person should have and why? Learning how to write a great thank you note! Showing gratitude is so simple, yet so incredibly powerful. And you will always get massive bonus points if you do it by hand!
- What’s your favorite interview question? “What would your colleagues say about you?” It gives insight into a person’s relationships with their co-workers and the kind of feedback they’ve received. You can compare their answer to the vibe you’re getting during the interview and what their references actually DO say about them.
- What tech innovation has most impacted your life? I really appreciate speedy on demand delivery apps like Sprig and Amazon Prime Now. Technology can oftentimes ‘invade’ your personal life, I love how these apps give time back.
- If you could invent an app, what would it be and why? Chicago is a full of amazing restaurants, but the really good ones tend to book up months and months in advance. I’m terrible at planning that far ahead. I’d love an app that lets me book a table as a ‘walk-in’ when I show up at their door. Or, every once in awhile, jump ahead of the long wait!
- What most excites you about your work and the contribution you make? There’s nothing cooler than seeing things come together full circle: breaking into a new company, matching them with the perfect talent, the talent doing amazing things at said company, the talent becoming a client because they’ve had such a good experience, then getting referrals to their amazingly creative friends. That’s what we strive for every time!
- How do you want to be remembered? As someone who left things better than I found them.
Looking for top creatives in and around Chicago? Connect with Jessica!