Jeremy has over 6 years of experience in the online marketing and advertising industry. So when clients are looking to source awesome digital talent, they know exactly who to call!
Check out his answers to our 11 Quick Questions to find out advice for managers conducting interviews, the biggest mistake people make on resumes, and of course, his guilty song pleasure.
- Google or Bing? Google.
- Favorite digital event? Mobile Beat.
- Best example of awesome UX? Songza. It's a curated music service available as both an app or via their site. The app isn’t the prettiest, but the usability is innovative, fresh, and results in ease of use and a very satisfying user experience!
- Best advice to any manager conducting an interview? Take the time to prepare questions ahead of time. Gauge their level of self awareness and an ability to extract relevant information from the myriad of details. An example would be, “Walk me through the progression in your career leading me up to your current role in 3 minutes.”
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? A resume should be a map of where you want to go, not a history of everything you've ever done. Most people have irrelevant information including listing irrelevant certifications, internships from different fields, and extraneous skill sets, which make it harder to find the useful information. (And believe me, many hiring managers won’t take the time to find them.) A resume should tell a story that makes it clear, based on past experience, why you're the perfect choice for the job.
- Native Apps or Responsive Design? Responsive Design.
- Favorite meme? 1990s Problems meme.
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? PandoDaily.
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Show up on time and with a great attitude!
- Next big thing in digital? Mobile payments... For everything!
- Guilty song pleasure? "Sexy and I Know It" by LMFAO.
Looking to hire creative talent in San Francisco Metro area?
Connect with Jeremy!