You may say she’s a dreamer, but Jenn believes she can find every awesome creative in San Diego an equally awesome place to work. (We just told her, “Go for it!”)
Want to join her dream team? Check out her answers to our 11 Quick Questions to find out how to market yourself on social media and the one mistake not to make on your resume, then contact her for a gig!
- Best way for freelancers to market themselves on social media? We live in a digitally social world, utilize it! The key is really to have a consistent brand for yourself across multiple platforms. If you’re having issues, you can always ask of the staff at Vitamin T to help you with this! (It's one my favorite things about this job!) My top 3: LinkedIn, Behance, and Dribbble
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Putting skills or accomplishments at the bottom of your resume, it’s way too easy for a hiring manager or recruiter to miss. Also, if you’re a designer, only having one visual style of resume. Be sure to have a clean Word doc as well as your well-designed one.
- Best creative/digital event in your city? An Event Apart.
- Favorite social network & why? Instagram! #shortandsweet and #apictureisworthathousandwords.
- Favorite online quiz? (And your answer.) Which "Game Of Thrones" Character Are You? Aria Stark!
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Show up on time and ready to rock it!
- What’s the BEST thing you can do when you’re looking for a job? This is not a new saying but true nonetheless: treat looking for a job like it is your job!
- Be prepared. When interviewing or sending resumes, always research company, people in the organization (LinkedIn makes it easy) and know how you can make an impact.
- Have your top 3 success stories ready! The experience you have solving business problems and how you approach them is unique, show it off! Oftentimes our greatest successes come from our greatest challenges.
- Always be thinking what your interviewer really cares about: results!
- Follow up!
Looking for great gigs in San Diego?
Connect with Jenn!