An Oregonian through and through, Portland creatives are lucky to have Jeanne on their side. She’s mixed together a design and marketing education with a savvy staffing background to create a killer matchmaking cocktail perfect for the PDX scene.
Whether you’re looking for advice on conducting interviews or the best digital event in Portland, you’ve gotta check out all her answers to our 11 Quick Questions.
- Traits that clients ask for most? Someone that can come in and hit the ground running. Basically, don't be afraid to show off your past experience and ask lots of questions when needed.
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Typos. Always make sure to proofread!
- Best digital event in your city? Design Week Portland! This year’s was just this past October. The perfect way to get a pulse on new things happening in the Portland Design Community and meet new people!
- Describe your city in 5 words. Beautiful. Rainy. Foodie. Bikes. Greenery.
- Best advice to any manager conducting an interview? Have a clear understanding of the job description and one or two most important skills you are looking for. Having clear expectations ahead of time will help you ask pointed questions and find the best candidate for the role.
- Native Apps or Responsive Design? Responsive Design.
- Favorite meme? Definitely any corgi one, mostly because I have a corgi!
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? Mashable.
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Make a good impression and show up ON TIME!
- Who is your favorite superhero? The Flash. I wish I was that speedy!
- Guilty song pleasure? Has to be Mariah Carey’s "Always Be My Baby." Takes me back to my inner 8 year old!
Looking for jobs in the Portland area?
Connect with Jeanne!