Seattle’s got more than great coffee and an awesome public market, it’s got our Vitamin of the Week, Jamie Herrick!
Passionate about the Seahawks, recruiting, and creatives (but not necessarily in that order), Jamie’s a Vitamin T agent who loves nothing better than matching people with their dream gigs.
Oh, and a great cup of coffee.
Jump into her answers to our 7 Quick Questions to find out a little more about this Seahawk-loving superstar!
- What’s the BEST thing someone can do when looking for a job? One of the very BEST things you can do is get off your computer :) Try not to spend all your time online and go out and network! Seattle is a great place to be if you're job hunting; it’s a close-knit community well suited for networking. But regardless of where you live, don't be afraid to put yourself out there and meet new people this year. Do it and you’ll see how well it pays off in opportunities!
- What app do you use regularly that provides great user experience? Do I have to pick only one?? Well, that’d have to be Spotify. I listen to music ALL the time and this app definitely feeds my addiction. My new favorite thing about Spotify is their "Discover Weekly" function, which is the ultimate personalized playlist. It's updated every Monday morning and brings a custom-made music playlist tailored to ME. Come on, how great is that?
- What’s your favorite interview question? I’m not sure if I would call it a interview question, but I position the entire interview around discovering a talent’s needs, goals, and values. It allows me to “deep dive” to truly hone in on finding that PERFECT match between a candidate and client.
- In your job, what’s been your favorite moment or biggest joy? Hands down, helping candidates find an awesome opportunity. It is incredibly rewarding.
- What’s your favorite brand and why? I'm obsessed with Target. I love it because it’s a one stop shop for everything from groceries to a new pair of shoes. You can't go wrong!
- Best creative/digital event in your city? This is a toughie, but one of my favorites is The American Advertising Awards Seattle. I love seeing my favorite agency clients being recognized for their amazing work!
- If you had to pick two celebrities to be your parents, who would they be? It would have to be the celebrity couple Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard. They seem like they would be very entertaining as parents. If you haven't seen it already, check out Kristen's infamous “sloth interview” on Ellen and you will understand why I find them so hilarious!