Starting his career in the creative and marketing industry at 17, Glenn has gone on to be mentored by some of the brightest minds in the business and a board member for both the Portland Advertising Federation and the Association of Professional Design Firms (as well as Director of Business Development at Vitamin T.)
There’s not a lot of people in Portland who know the creative space better.
Which is why you should hear his advice on how to hire creatives and how best to work with a recruiter to fill your roles by checking out his answers to our 11 Quick Questions!
- Number one mistake people make when hiring a creative? Being wowed by beautiful work without considering culture fit.
- Any resume reading secrets to pass along? You should learn to quickly scan for your top two priorities. It’ll save you an amazing amount of time.
- Favorite social network & why? Facebook. It is kind of the central hub of all of my social networks and is the easiest to stay current with our community and my friends, all while getting a healthy dose of pretty pictures.
- In your experience, why does Temp-to-Perm work so well in the creative and digital space? Would you buy a car without test driving it? Enough said!
- Best ways to work with a recruiter to fill a role? Be prepared, ask lots of questions, and be quick to respond. If you do all that, it’ll go more smoothly than you ever dreamed.
- As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? A photojournalist.
- Digital or creative hero? Max Miedinger and Eduard Hoffmann, the creators of Helvetica.
- Favorite online quiz? (And your answer.) The ”What animal am I?"" quiz. I got spider monkey. Yep, seems about right.
- Best creative/digital event in your city? I'm pretty partial to the American Marketing Association's MAX Awards. The AMA is a cornerstone in the Portland creative community and a fantastic partner to Vitamin T.
- Favorite meme or parody? Anything involving Chuck Norris... duh?!?!
- Guilty song pleasure? Erasure's "Chains of Love".