With a strong background in both visual art and digital marketing, Erin understands the worlds in which creatives live, whether that’s art direction, copy writing, or project management.
Check out her answers to our 11 Quick Questions to find out what advice she has for hiring managers, how she stays up on the world of digital, and important stuff like her guilty song pleasure. (She did NOT tell us how the Chicago River is turned green every St. Patrick’s Day, sorry.)
- Google or Bing? Google.
- Best digital event? UX Thursday.
- Describe your city in 5 words. Loyal. Raw. Diverse. Creative. Hungry.
- Best advice to any manager conducting an interview? It's great to make small talk and ease the nerves of your candidate, but when you allow the conversation to get too off track into personal lives, hobbies, etc., you run the risk of not really knowing if the candidate is qualified for the role you're trying to fill. Stay focused and friendly, but not too personal.
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Typos. It sounds SO simple, but it's true. Your resume is the first impression you make, and if you don't pay attention to detail, it might be your last impression as well.
- Native Apps or Responsive Design? Responsive Design.
- Favorite meme? Ryan Gosling: “Hey girl…”
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? Mashable.
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Be confident and humble. Listen to what is being asked of you and, when appropriate, proactively suggest changes, additions, ideas, etc.
- Next big thing in digital? 6-second looping videos.
- Guilty song pleasure? Cyndi Lauper’s “Girls Just Want to Have Fun”.
Looking for jobs in the Chicago area?
Connect with Erin!