You think SXSW is digitally awesome? Meet Austin agent Erin Ford.
Erin keenly understands the impact one sizzling creative talent can have at a company or agency. She also knows that finding someone their dream job can transform their life.
Ready for some New Year change? Check out Erin’s answers to our 7 Quick Questions then give her a ring!
- What most excites you about your work and the contribution you make? I love being able to match great talent with companies that they love working with. And—on the flip side—finding great talent, so our clients can accomplish their goals. In Austin I work with many new and smaller clients, so getting the talent they need REALLY makes a difference in their day to day operations.
- The best creative/digital event in your city? Why? SXSW is always an amazing event! New products and companies are unveiled every year and SX is the best venue to see what cutting edge things are happening in the digital creative world.
- What’s one important skill every person should have and why? I think every person should be a succinct and educated writer. Since we all email so frequently, it’s important to be able to communicate effectively.
- What’s the BEST thing someone can do when looking for a job? Using ALL the connections you have in the place you want to be working (and every other place just for good measure). It’s all about connections. You can never know who has a relationship with the person hiring for your dream job!
- How do you want to be remembered? I would love to be remembered as a good mentor. My first supervisor in Austin is still someone I turn to when I have professional or personal questions. I admire her for all of the advice and time she’s given me. I would love to be that kind of resource for other people.
- Name 3 things you think will become obsolete in ten years. Bottled water (at least on its current scale), cable television, and factory farming (that last one might just be me being hopeful!)
- If you could invent an app, what would it be and why? I would love an app that would combine my to-do list, my appointments, reminders, everything I need to do in a day into one alert system. Any suggestions?