Vitamin T agent Erika Kelsey isn’t afraid of anything. Case in point, her visit to Seattle’s legendary Gum Wall.
If you’ve been looking a fearless recruiter to land you a dream gig, consider your search over.
Like stick–to–itiveness? Check out Erika’s answers to our 7 Quick Questions then—if you’re in the SF area—give her a ring!
- What do you love about working with creative talent? After switching from tech recruiting to creative recruiting, one huge difference I noticed was the real feeling and sense of community among creative talent. I've found creatives not only love to tell you about themselves, but about their friends who might also be a fit for your client's team. Honestly, this sense of camaraderie is really heart-warming. **Insert heart eyes emoji here**
- What’s one question a candidate should always ask in a job interview? “When can I expect to hear from you?” or “What are the next steps after this interview?” Always be closing and always ask for the job! Don't make the assumption that just because they've interviewed you, you've got the job. You need to actually let them know you're interested and ready. Being present isn't enough.
- How did you get into recruiting? You mean people don't go to college for recruiting?? Just kidding! I was in B2B sales before I became a recruiter. After quickly realizing the life of an outside salesperson wasn't for me, a friend suggested I become a recruiter. Her company gave me the opportunity to switch industries and I never looked back. I absolutely LOVE recruiting!
- What tech innovation has most impacted your life? VENMO! Because I refuse to leave my longtime credit union to switch to a bigger bank. Venmo allows me to pay my friends and family regardless of what bank we all use. I’m also sure that waiters/waitresses everywhere are beside themselves with joy. Just imagine having one person pay for a large group’s bill at a restaurant instead of having to draft up 10 different checks and run 10 different credit cards. I don't know why this wasn't invented earlier, but seriously.... thank you!
- If you could have dinner with one person living or dead, who would it be and why? My grandma! She passed away when I was in high school, but I'd love the chance to have dinner with her one more time. And, perhaps selfishly, have her cook dinner for us, because I miss all those home cooked Filipino meals!!
- What is one word that you would use to describe your team? FUN!!!
- Favorite GIF? Any Cat GIF! Yes, I'm totally that crazy cat lady.
Looking for great gigs in San Francisco? Talk to Erika!