When she’s not jumping over the dunes of the Moroccan desert, you’ll find Emily in our Boston office finding great creative talent amazing jobs (and shaking sand out of her shoes).
Need to know what mistakes to avoid making on your resume? Or the best digital event in Boston? Then check out her answers to our 11 Quick Questions!
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? There are three mistakes I see too often: poor spelling, too long, and putting a photo on their resume.
- Best digital event in your city? UI18.
- Next big thing in digital? Wicked cool responsive design and mobile first.
- Best advice to any manager conducting an interview? Ask an unexpected and irrelevant question out of nowhere; it keeps your candidate on their toes (and takes their mind off the interview questions they've practiced so many times). It also makes getting back on topic even more fun.
- Describe your city in 5 words. Loud. Vibrant. Enthusiastic. Unexpected. Charming.
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? Smashing Magazine, Buzzfeed Tech, New York Magazine.
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Be on time and play well with others.
- Best example of awesome UX? sweetgreen and the Citizens Bank app.
- Who is your favorite superhero? Alex Mack.
- Favorite type or font? Once I saw these cats as fonts, it was really hard to choose.
- Guilty song pleasure? Groove Coverage’s “Poison.”
Looking for job opportunities in and around Boston?
Connect with Emily!!