Vitamin T agent David Fernandez has a passion for making spot-on hiring matches.
Whether he’s assisting creatives with portfolio recommendations or identifying needs with hiring managers, his goal is to make the job search and hiring process seamless and simple.
Need to be matched with an awesome gig in Boston? Read his answers to our 7 Quick Questions then give him a ring!
- What most excites you about your work and the contribution you make? A lot of things! Working with someone for a long time and they finally land a great job, coaching someone to make improvements in their presentation and it leads to a successful interview, building relationships with the people I work with.
- If you could have dinner with one person living or dead, who would it be and why? LeBron James. Although I might fanboy a little too much, but yeah, LBJ is the best.
- What’s one question a candidate should always ask in a job interview? “What does a typical day-to-day look like?” The hiring manager should be able to go into great detail when answering this question. That should paint a picture of many aspects of a given position: who you'd be working with, how you interact with others on your team, how much time is spent in a heads down manner, and work-life balance, etc.
- What do you love about working with creative talent? A lot of the creatives I speak with work very hard at their craft. It's cool to see that effort "personified" into a portfolio and hear them talk about their careers with fervor.
- What’s one important skill every person should have? An ability to empathize with other people; which starts with listening to others when they speak, not simply waiting to talk.
- How did you get into recruiting? A previous employer found my profile on Indeed. We talked about the world of recruiting and how my work with my Alumni Association in college made me a great fit. He was right. For Vitamin T it really helped that I was into design and photography!
- Favorite GIF? This is the best GIF, period!
Looking for great jobs or great talent in Boston? Reach out to David!