Think the Indy 500 is fast-paced? You should see agent Danielle Borror be the one-woman pit crew for someone’s career!
If yours has gone off course (or run out of gas), you’ve got to read Danielle’s answers to our 7 Quick Questions. And, if you’re in Indianapolis, be sure to flag her down!
- What do you love about working with creative talent? What do I NOT love? The creativity I have seen while doing this job is out of this world. I wish I had half the talent they do! Creatives are some of the most fun, enthusiast people I have ever met and, lucky me, I get to work with them every day. The fact that they work so incredibly hard to expand their skills and always passionate about their work is both inspiring and motivating!
- What’s the BEST thing someone can do when looking for a job? Use multiple resources and network! Companies advertise their jobs in a number of ways and don't all use the same job boards. Utilize all the different boards, stay up to date on company websites, and most importantly NETWORK! Referrals can be a great way to get a job and LinkedIn can be a very powerful tool to use, along with attending local Meetups. When you are looking for a job in a specific industry, reach out to your local staffing agencies and ask for help. Recruiters love that and can be an advocate for you!
- What made you want to work at Vitamin T? I wanted to be in the staffing industry for a while, so when a long-time friend and past colleague reached out from Vitamin T with the opportunity, I jumped at the chance. I don't have enough room to write everything I love about this company, but I'll start with THE PEOPLE! The leadership and all the other Vitamins are so amazing! Everyone is so helpful, encouraging, and passionate about what they do! To make real life HUMAN connections and place talent in positions that could be life changing, makes every day worthwhile!
- What’s your favorite interview question? “Tell me about your biggest career accomplishment or role you played on a large project?” I want to learn if they had an integral part in the outcome and also what they would do differently looking back, if anything. By asking, I get to learn about some really cool projects and whether the candidate’s part in project got them a promotion or made them stand out among their peers. It also gives insight to how they got to where they are in their career.
- As a 5-year-old, what did you want to be when you grew up? A veterinarian! I just loved animals so much growing up (and still do) that was ALL I wanted to be! I'm now comfortable that I would have NEVER been able to do some of the not so fun parts of that job. Which is why I'll always trust my dog's care in the hands of the true professionals!
- What’s one important skill every person should have and why? Communication skills really are key in life! Whether it's talking with colleagues, supervisors, recruiters, family, etc., it's an all-important skill to have if you want to truly excel. If you’re lacking in your communication skills, you need to get out of your comfort zone!
- What most excites you about your work and the contribution you make? Helping talent find a new position that has somehow changed their life. Something far bigger than simply a new "job". Like when I’ve gotten someone into a “temp” freelance position and the client loves them so much that they bring them in full time. Or if I’ve helped get someone a better salary so they can have a down payment on a house. I love knowing that I’ve helped impact that person's life. There is nothing more rewarding!
Looking opportunities in Indianapolis? Talk to Danielle!