Dan is a master at helping Vitamin T’s NYC clients rock their business goals by getting them the perfect digital talent.
With 6+ years in the creative staffing biz, Dan’s chock full of great advice for hiring managers and talent alike, which is why you’ll want to check out his answers to our 11 Quick Questions. You’ll also find out what he sees as the next big thing in digital and, of course, his guilty song pleasure. Bonus!
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? UX Magazine.
- Best digital event in your city? The Webbys and Internet Week NY!!
- Best advice to any manager conducting an interview? Always ask the tough questions, but be sure to lighten the mood at certain points to build rapport. That will pull the curtain back a little to reveal more of the candidate's real personality.
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Spelling and/or grammar. Always have someone else help proof it! One more thing, you should always use past tense when describing responsibilities from a previous job.
- Favorite meme? Webby Award winning Grumpy Cat!
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Remember: early is on time, on time is late, and late is totally unacceptable.
- Next big thing in digital? Lean UX & use of Agile methodology when building digital products and experiences.
- Best example of awesome UX? Belkin’s WeMo.
- Who is your favorite super hero? Magneto.
- Who rocks your world on Twitter? Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield @Cmdr_Hadfield.
- Guilty song pleasure? Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’ "Thrift Shop".