Chelsea’s favorite thing to do—aside from climbing every mountain—is sitting down with creative talent and setting them up in roles that match their unique skillsets. The very best part? She’s really good at it!
If you’re looking for opportunities in the Bay Area, or need to chat with someone who is passionate about helping creatives (and LOVES to chat), read her answers to our 7 Quick Questions, then give her a call!
- What most excites you about your work and the contribution you make? I love being the liaison between a talented creative and a company in need of their skills. I get fulfilled by making those lasting relationships and setting individuals up for success!
- What’s one question a candidate should always ask in a job interview? "After speaking with me today, do you have any hesitation in my ability to do the job at hand?" If they say no, the interview was most likely a slam dunk! If they list their hesitancy, it’s an opportunity to combat their doubts and drive home why you are the best fit for the role! It's a bold move, sure, but you will walk away with a better idea of how the interview went when you give a hiring manager a chance to express their feedback.
- How did you get into recruiting? I have always been a people person and find developing relationships to be super rewarding. When I was figuring out what I wanted to do in my career, I made a list of my own skills and went from there. Recruiting was a great way for me to take all of my best attributes and put them to work. I haven't looked back since!
- What’s your favorite interview question? "What makes you the best fit for the role?" I love asking open-ended questions that drive individuals to really pitch themselves and demonstrate their passion for the role and company! If you are asked this, take it as your opportunity to make yourself stand out from everyone else. Talk yourself up!
- If you could have dinner with one person living or dead, who would it be and why? My great aunt Nancy. She was a genuine fashionista, a friend of many, and a lover of life! I never got to know her all that well, but when she passed away and we went through her chic Chicago apartment, I found (no joke) hundreds of clutches—for all of her outfits, of course—each filled with a little cash and one lipstick, so she was always ready to go! It was only fitting that for my wedding each of my bridesmaids received exactly that! In my house, my nickname is "Aunt Chancy" because I am supposedly just like her! I have some questions to ask! :)
- What tech innovation has most impacted your life? Hands down... my iPhone, but more specifically, FaceTime. I honestly think it is the coolest thing ever to be able to video chat people. I don't get to see my little niece as often as I would like, but getting to FaceTime her and talk to her like she is right here... seriously, the coolest feature ever! We are lucky to live in an era where we can live in the moment with people, even being far away!
- Favorite GIF? I love it because it's the face my husband makes at me when he thinks I am being ridiculous. (Also, he has sent me this GIF on multiple occasions. LOL!)
Find a great job match in San Francisco by connecting with Chelsea!