Having worked at both Groupon and Luxe Valet (think Uber for valet services), Caitlin knows of kind of skill, talent, and attitude someone needs to succeed in the digital world.
That’s why our talent and clients are so glad to have her as one of our awesome agents in our Los Angeles office. (And we are, too!)
Check out her answers to our 7 Quick Questions and, if you’re looking for your next great gig, give her a holler!
- What made you want to work at Vitamin T? I love connecting with people and building relationships with our clients and talent to make a good, quality match. I was immediately drawn to Vitamin T the second I stepped into the office: the culture, the work, the people...not to mention the amazing views. What do I love most? MY TEAM! I'm excited to be surrounded by so many outgoing and talented individuals.
- What’s your favorite interview question? "What is your commute tolerance level?" Because only in LA do people find this funny and utterly painful at the same time.
- What’s the BEST thing someone can do when looking for a job? Do your research and know what you are looking for in your next position. Not quite sure what you want to do? It helps to take a look at your previous experience and listing out what you liked and did not like in a particular role. Just saying, "I'll do whatever" shows lack of focus. Once you’ve got that you’ll get better advice from the people who can give it.
- Biggest myth about being a recruiter in the staffing industry? That we can read minds. I wish! Open communication is necessary on all fronts: the client, talent, and recruiter. If there is something you: like, don't like, need, must have, must not have, all that needs to be communicated so we can better help you!
- What do you love about working with creative talent? I learn something new every day, either about a brand, a program, event, or trend. We bring in some really amazing talent and I enjoy seeing their accomplishments and how they became who they are today.
- As a 5 year old, what did you want to be when you grew up? A doctor. Because both my grandparents were doctors and I'm pretty sure at that point in my life my mom had already told me that being a princess wasn't an option :)
- What’s one important skill every person should have and why? Being able to communicate with others. I think communication is important in all aspects of life, but when it comes to the professional world, it is essential in building good relationships, both inside and outside the office.
Looking for amazing creative talent in Los Angeles? Connect with Caitlin!