For the last four years Ashley was working with California’s hottest startups and Fortune 500s to find them the best talent in the West. We’re super happy to have her back in her hometown to bring a ray of sunshine and her trademark energy to our talent and clients.
Have a look at her answers to our 11 Quick Questions to find out how freelancers can market themselves on social media and the best digital creative event in the Windy City!
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Be early, no one wants to walk in on the first day in a rush.
- What’s the BEST thing you can do when you’re looking for a job? Talk about it. You never know who you are going to meet or why you might meet them.
- Favorite social network & why? Facebook! It may be old school, but I have moved around so much that I can't imagine keeping in touch with my friends and contacts without this nugget of social greatness in my life.
- Best way for freelancers to market themselves on social media? State that you are a freelancer in your profiles. Update your networks with what new work you are doing. Keep it simple, but keep it active!
- Any tips for a making a great LinkedIn profile? Make sure it is complete, make it searchable and make it personal.
- Favorite online quiz? (And your answer.) “Which Disney Princess Are You?” Belle. “You're a beautiful bookworm, which might seem peculiar to those on the outside, but you're completely comfortable in your own skin. Your imagination takes you fantastic places, both in your mind and the real world. You see beauty in anything and anyone.” Ha!
- Tips for making a compelling portfolio? Online and interactive (not static) portfolios are awesome. Styles can be subjective, but identifying clear categories and descriptions of work while letting people navigate through the work is great.
- Describe your city in 5 words. Mysterious, elegant, inspiring, home, lively.
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Saying too much. Keeping it short and specific is the way to go.
- Favorite meme or parody? I love any animal photobomb, but the Epic Husky Photobomb gets me every single time!
- Guilty song pleasure? I can't say that I have ever felt guilty about music that I listen to, ask the Chicago office. However, I may embarrass others when I rock out to Donny Osmond's version of "Any Dream Will Do" from the Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat soundtrack.
Looking for great jobs in the Chicago area?
Connect with Ashley!