From top of Mt. Kilimanjaro to the beaches of San Diego, Amy will stop at nothing to ensure her clients get the best digital talent available on the face of the earth.
With 12+ years of experience in the advertising and design worlds, you’ll feel on top of the world after checking out her answers to our 11 Quick Questions. Read on to see what clients are looking for in freelancers, the biggest mistake people make on resumes, and of course, her guilty song pleasure.
- Best digital event in your city? I'm still new to San Diego, but Interactive Day was a great event! Amazing speakers and incredibly interesting topics.
- Describe your city in 5 words. Best city in the world.
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Spelling errors! Please don’t make them!
- Native Apps or Responsive Design? Responsive Design.
- Favorite meme? A few years back a group of my friends had a friendly competition rickrolling. This meme is a bait and switch where a person sends a hyperlink which seems relevant to the topic they mention, but actually leads to a Rick Astley's video, "Never Gonna Give You Up.” The link is usually changed in some way so the person can't tell where the link goes to without clicking on it. If you click on the link, you have officially been "rickrolled."
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Be on time. That’s going to always start things off right!
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? I LOVE Twitter. A few great resources that I follow are @mashable, @UXmatters, @webdesign_news, @geekwire, @adage, @allfacebook, @UXmag, @ForbesTech and of course @vitamintalent.
- Who is your favorite super hero? Superman.
- Best example of awesome UX? Zappos makes it very easy for anyone (okay, and me) to find and buy shoes. Isn’t that what awesome UX is all about?
- Traits that clients ask for most? I always hear clients asking for someone who is proactive: someone who will take the initiative and isn’t afraid to make recommendations. Keep in mind they still want that person to be a team player and able to work in a collaborative environment.
- Guilty song pleasure? “Against All Odds” by Phil Collins. Don't judge!
Looking for awesome freelancers in the San Diego area?
Connect with Amy!