Amarena feels that Vitamin T is the “perfect storm” for her career: it combines her love of staffing, business development, and creative all into one awesome bundle.
Want to know the best creative event in Portland or how to work with a recruiter to fill a role? Check out her answers to our 11 Quick Questions!
- Number one mistake people make when hiring a creative? Merely hiring talent solely based on their rate and not their applicable skill set. I realize everyone is budget conscious (and they should be), but taking a broader look at what someone can do for their business should always be taken into consideration.
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? Spend time observing your peers. How do they do their work? How do they interact with each other? Then use that knowledge to figure out how best to work with them!
- Best creative/digital event in your city? Hands down it’s Design Week Portland. It was even better this year because Vitamin T and Aquent were on the studio tour!)
- Most effective ways to work with a recruiter to fill a role? Be sure to always loop them in as soon as possible or set a time for them to follow up. Communication when working with a recruiter is absolutely key.
- What’s the BEST thing you can do when you’re looking for a job? I’ve got many best things! Be sure to get out there and network, ask for referrals, do some informational interviews, and make LinkedIn your best friend!
- Digital or creative hero? Graphic design pioneer Ruth Ansel.
- Favorite online quiz? (And your answer.) The Celebrity Look-Alike Quiz. I look like Mariah Carey!
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? Mashable and my well-stocked Twitter feed of leading Portland agencies.
- Favorite meme or parody? This Lego meme.
- Who rocks your world on Twitter? I love following TEDTalks (@TEDtalks).
- Guilty song pleasure? Bell Biv DeVoe’s “Poison.”
Looking for fantastic creatives in Portland?
Connect with Amarena!