Our director of business development didn’t just fall into the staffing business by accident. She was actually born into it!
Find out how she grew up in this biz, why she loves working with creatives, and more by reading her answers to our 7 Quick Questions.
And if you’re in Chicago looking for the city’s best talent, give her a call!
- What most excites you about your work and the contribution you make? I really love meeting with and helping our companies and our talent. The hiring process can be daunting when you don't have the right people to help and support you. It’s great to step in and smoothly solve those problems. Making that perfect match and seeing our clients and talent truly happy is one of the most rewarding parts of what I do!
- Question(s) a candidate should always ask in a job interview? Definitely ask about the team and culture (e.g., “How do you promote team development?”) You spend 40+ hours a week at work. That is a lot of time. If you enjoy your team, the people you are surrounded by each day, and the culture, you will love your job that much more. So make sure you find out what it’s like to be a part of their team.
- What is one word that you would use to describe your team? #InItToWinIt! That's one word right? ;)
- If you could have dinner with one person living or dead, who would it be and why? Ray Bolger, aka the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz. Yes, we have the same last name, and yes, we ARE related. He worked with some of the greatest actors of his time: Judy Garland, Doris Day, Liza Minnelli.... I'd love to hear about his experiences in Hollywood. And pick up some new dance moves.
- What tech innovation has most impacted your life? Google. Knowledge is power! Any time I don't know something or want to learn more, I Google it. (Doesn’t everyone? THAT is impact!)
- How did you get into recruiting? It actually runs in the family! My mother worked in this industry for many years. Growing up I would hear her on the phone interviewing talent and negotiating deals. She amazes me with how much she still knows about the clients and talent she worked with. (I'd like to think I'm teaching her a thing or two now. ;) With my passion for the digital and creative space combined with her years of teaching me, it was a perfect match!
- Favorite GIF?
Looking for stellar creatives in Chicago? Connect with Alexandria!