This post from UserCentric was so good (and true) we couldn’t help but share.
The 15 Tell-Tale Signs That You Work in UX
- You’re totally comfortable around one-way mirrors.
- Redesigning a call center application sounds like fun to you.
- Your spice rack is organized by frequency of use and is within arms-reach of the stove top.
- You enjoy responding to questions with questions.
- You wear a point-of-view camera when you go to the supermarket.
- You take time to explain signage and labeling shortcomings to store clerks and airport attendants.
- You rage at ambiguously designed traffic signals.
- You actually read the manuals of things you buy, but only to look for errors and mistakes.
- You can’t use any interactive device without analyzing its interface.
- You still cannot explain your job in one sentence to your grandma.
- To you, card sorting is not a poker trick.
- You are immediately tempted to write an expert review whenever confronted with a weird check-out process.
- Your mom is a persona.
- A horrible user experience causes you physical pain.
- You encounter online surveys while browsing the web and automatically start making screenshots.