The number 1871 is significant for two reasons:
- It’s the year Mrs. O’Leary’s cow kicked over a lantern and started the Great Chicago Fire.
- It’s the name of a digital startup co-working center where we interviewed UX designer and engineer Shay Howe.
The former user interface engineer for Groupon, Shay jumped back into the freelance world with his trademark passion for solving problems while building creative and intuitive products. Apart from his freelance life, he also teaches front-end design and development classes at 1871 for The Starter League and is co-organizer of Refresh Chicago.
Tune in to find out:
- How to boost your career as a freelancer
- Some things to consider when hiring a front-end developer
- How amazing the 1871 co-working space is!
Just be sure not to kick anything over when you’re done watching.