Armed with the natural ability to connect talented people with awesome opportunities, Sarah has worked (and played) in the Portland creative community for over 18 years. She’s energized by everything the Stumptown has to offer, from top tier ad agencies to the hundreds of food carts lining the streets.
We asked her 11 Quick Questions to find out what advice she has for digital creatives, what keeps her inspired, and important stuff like her favorite app.
- App that you can't live without? Flipboard
- iPhone or Android or Blackberry? Android
- Who rocks your world on Twitter? Ellen DeGeneres
- Favorite site? Bon Appetit. I love to cook, so I often find myself here!
- Inspirational Digital Hero? Pete Cashmore
- Stranded-on-an-island DVD? Annie Hall
- Most important advice for creative resumes? Make it clear, simple, and easy to read. List out your skills and have a couple of working resumes catered to the jobs you are applying to.
- Favorite place to eat in town? Toro Bravo, Tasty and Sons, Podnahs. Portland is a foodie town, I can't choose just one.
- Jobs trending in your area? Front End Development
- Favorite ad campaign? Cliff Freeman & Partners’ "Where's the Beef?" campaign for Wendy’s.
- Parting piece of advice for interviewing? Know before you go! It is so important to do a little research on the company that you are interviewing with. Be prepared, be on time, be yourself, and stay positive. Make sure you know exactly how to get there, Google Maps!
- See more in: Hiring Creatives