Even with 25 years as a creative talent agency, we’re still floored by the
True Cost of a Bad Hire, including shocking stats like these:
“Forty-one percent of companies estimate that a bad hire cost them more than $25,000. One in four say it cost them over $50,000.”
And these estimates are conservative.
Calculating employee turnover costs is tricky, but once you add up:
- Cost of time spent writing/posting jobs, reviewing resumes & interviewing candidates
- Cost of time spent training & providing orientation
- Cost of salary, benefits and perks
- Cost of providing severance or (yikes!) handling a lawsuit
Then add on the often overlooked costs of making the wrong hire:
- Lost clients and new business opportunities
- Subpar work and rework due to mistakes
- Inefficient resource management
- Blown deadlines
- Lower team morale
The numbers are gruesome and impact both hiring managers and their teams.
That’s why we created an infographic to help you avoid hiring the wrong person. Because we care, and honestly, after working with thousands of clients of all shapes and sizes, we know just how spot a zombie.
Plus, everyone loves a zombie, right?
Well, unless you have to share a cube with one or pay for its severance vacation.
Take a look, then please share.
Because zombies like to go viral.