Connecting you with the best creative freelance and contract-to-hire roles is our job. Let us help you find yours!
Mid - Level UI DesignerApply
Oct 14, 2016
San Diego, CA
Temp To Perm
Agent: Quinn S.
Job #: 109667
Growing, innovative start-up/small company seeks UI Designer to help create visuals for deep and complex technology products. Ideal candidates will have strong visual design and UI skills, along with some interaction experience (wireframes, mockups, final assets, etc.). This is a great opportunity to work on diverse projects that are cutting edge in technology! Reporting to the Director of UX, the UI Designer will utilizing their knowledge of grids, typography, graphic design, color, layout, iconography, imagery, and design patterns and systems to address ambiguous, complex problems and projects.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess excellent UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
● Collaborate with Product Management, Marketing and Engineering to define and
implement successful UX solutions
● Conceptualize innovative UI approaches that transform our full-featured product into a
simple and intuitive user experience
● Work competently in all phases of the design lifecycle from requirements gathering to
conceptual design to delivery of production ready mockups and visual assets
● Create mockups, annotated wireframes and highly detailed UI specifications for use by
● Present and substantiate chosen design directions to peers and executive level
● Utilize user-centered design principles to iterate and validate designs based on user
testing and research
● Establish and promote design guidelines, pattern libraries, best practices and standards
We have a simple philosophy at Vitamin T: to personally place the best creative talent in the best jobs for the best companies. When you work for Vitamin T, you qualify for medical, dental and vision insurance after working only four consecutive weeks maintaining an average of 20 hours per week. If this job isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is, please pass this job posting on. We have a fantastic referral program that pays out in cash rewards! (http://aquent.com/rewards/)
● BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related
● 5+ years of experience in mobile app and/or web UI design. Proven track record in
consumer-focused mobile apps. Familiarity with both iOS and Android a plus.
● 3+ years of interaction design experience, specifically creating flows, wireframes, and
detailed UI documentation.
● Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
● Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process (desired)
● An appreciation for the fast-pace and semi-unstructured nature of a start-up (desired)
● Excellent visual design and interaction design skills
● A strong and articulate design point of view
● Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site
● Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and
● Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
● Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
● Up-to-date on the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies across both web and
Want more details about this and other San Diego, CA opportunities? Meet Quinn Sidon!